Property Portfolio FAQ’s
How can we help?
- I’ve inherited a property portfolio and don’t know what to do with it, can you help?
- How much money do I need to start investing in property?
- I only have the budget for one property, can you still source this?
- I want to sell a single unit, can you find me a buyer?
- I’ve only ever bought individual properties, how does a portfolio differ?
Selling a Property Portfolio
- How long will it take to sell my property portfolio?
- How much will it cost to sell my property portfolio?
- Who will buy my property portfolio?
- Do I need to have Home Reports for all the properties in my portfolio?
- What if I change my mind and decide not to sell?
- There are aspects of improvements I want to make to my properties or portfolio before selling, can you help me with this?
How to Sell Your Property Fast: Tips and Tricks
If you need to sell your property fast, there are several steps you can take to speed up the process.
Selling A Property Portfolio: Our Step-by-Step Guide
Selling a property portfolio can be a complex process that requires careful planning and execution. Whether you’re looking to
Buying a Property Portfolio
- What information do you require from me to help find a suitable portfolio purchase?
- What’s your fee for brokering the purchase of a portfolio?
- Can I view the properties?
- I am based overseas, can I still buy a portfolio?
- I’ve never worked with a Broker before, how do I know it’s safe and compliant?
- What if I change my mind and don’t want to purchase the portfolio?
Getting Started Questions
You’ve Got Questions, We’ve Got Answers
The transaction is very similar, it is really just multiplied by the number of properties involved.
You will benefit from speaking to a mortgage broker who has access to specialist portfolio lenders and I’d make sure your solicitor has dealt with this kind of transaction too.
One key aspect is when you are purchasing 6 or more properties in one transaction, this is then regarded as a non-residential purchase in the eyes of HMRC and therefore you are offered relief from ADS. This is a huge saving of 4% which would otherwise be applicable on individual or small portfolio purchases.
Portfolio purchasing isn’t something to be scared of, it is the most efficient and effective way to scale your portfolio. Get in touch if you want to talk it through!
Yes, we can carry out a full ‘Healthcheck’ on the portfolio and provide advice on the best course of action depending on if you want to hold the portfolio or if you’d rather sell and release the equity. It’s a free service and we can also introduce other specialist professionals that you may benefit from.
Book a consultation call to get the ball rolling!
Technically none. However, if we are being realistic, the chances are that you aren’t going to be in a position to immediately have private investor finance to hand.
The cheapest properties that you would be able to get a mortgage on would be in the region of £50,000, this varies depending on a number of factors. With a 25% deposit, this would equate to £12,500 and once you add in additional outlays such as tax, solicitors fees, mortgage fees, sourcing fees etc I would recommend approximately £20,000 to be sensible.
We specialise in portfolio transactions which normally involve 6 or more properties.
We do, however, work with a number of tried and tested property sourcing and estate agents that have access to single units or large portfolio sellers who are sometimes open to individual sales at the right price.
Please get in touch and we can discuss how we can help.
Definitely, we are always keen to speak to sellers so please get in touch if you are looking for any advice on off-market sales.
Whilst the sale may not be by our usual process, we work with a network of reliable selling and sourcing agents who will be able to offload your property. This also includes land, commercial and development opportunities.