Your privacy and personal information are very important to The Portfolio Brokers. We want you to be confident that when you share personal information with us it won’t be passed to any third party.
The Portfolio Brokers Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Registration Number – ZA783407.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect two types of personal information from users of our website – Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: This may include, but is not restricted to, your name, address and email address. We will only collect this information from you if you voluntarily submit it via our contact forms and Mailing List Subscription. This is only processed to the degree that is required to undertake your enquiry.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This includes information which cannot be used to identify you. This includes demographic information such as age, or gender (but not name). It may also include your IP address, browser types and domain names and other anonymous data. The Portfolio Brokers will only use this information to help us deliver a better website service to you.
- Use of Your Information
- We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products or services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time. Unless you request otherwise, we will not share your details with a third party, nor will we sell, rent license or trade your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to
ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Portfolio Brokers Ltd, c/o Gilson Gray LLP, 160 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2HG.